NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Fire Department and Department of Public Works will host an open house and touch-a-truck event on Saturday.
Families are invited to the Public Works Center at 15 S. Smith St. to sit in public works and fire department trucks and tour the facilities. The open house begins at 10 a.m.
There will be several hands-on activities and demonstrations, Norwalk officials said in a news release.
Residents can get a demonstration of how traffic signals work, take a tour of the waste-water treatment plant or sit in several vehicles like snow plows, garbage trucks and street sweepers.
The departments are also accepting nonperishable food items as donations to the Open Door Shelter-Manna House food pantry. For more information, call 203-854-3200 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report