NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Fire Department and Department of Public Works will host an open house and touch-a-truck event on Saturday.
Families are invited to the Public Works Center at 15 S. Smith St. to sit in public works and fire department trucks and tour the facilities. The open house begins at 10 a.m.
There will be several hands-on activities and demonstrations, Norwalk officials said in a news release.
Residents can get a demonstration of how traffic signals work, take a tour of the waste-water treatment plant or sit in several vehicles like snow plows, garbage trucks and street sweepers.
The departments are also accepting nonperishable food items as donations to the Open Door Shelter-Manna House food pantry. For more information, call 203-854-3200 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Norwalk Winner Scoops Up $1M Powerball Windfall After Blizzard
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Norwalk
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation