NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Fire Department and Department of Public Works will host an open house and touch-a-truck event on Saturday.
Families are invited to the Public Works Center at 15 S. Smith St. to sit in public works and fire department trucks and tour the facilities. The open house begins at 10 a.m.
There will be several hands-on activities and demonstrations, Norwalk officials said in a news release.
Residents can get a demonstration of how traffic signals work, take a tour of the waste-water treatment plant or sit in several vehicles like snow plows, garbage trucks and street sweepers.
The departments are also accepting nonperishable food items as donations to the Open Door Shelter-Manna House food pantry. For more information, call 203-854-3200 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare