NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Health Department and Norwalk Fire Department's Office of Emergency Management are recruiting volunteers to join the city’s Disaster/Medical Reserve Corps.
Volunteers will assist during public health emergencies and natural or man-made disasters. They will also be involved in events promoting health, disease prevention and emergency preparedness.
Volunteers will be trained in advance and called upon during and after a serious emergency or disaster situation. Throughout the year, volunteers will have the opportunity to expand existing public health efforts and to educate the public on the importance of safety and emergency preparedness.
Disaster Response Training for new volunteers will be held Sept. 4 from 6 9 p.m. at the Norwalk Fire Department, at 121 Connecticut Ave.
Interested parties should contact Michele Deluca, deputy director of emergency management, at 203-854-0238 or email@example.com, or Kaitlin Latham, health educator assistant at the Norwalk Health Department, at 203-854-7975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk