NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk firefighters extinguished a fire at D’Orio Custom Wood Works on Wilson Avenue early Wednesday afternoon but had to return to the scene several hours later to put out another fire at the facility.
No injuries were reported in either blaze. The first occurred at about 12:30 p.m. when an industrial dust collector caught fire and scorched a portion of the rear wall.
Firefighters brought the first blaze under control within about 20 minutes, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay. Three fire engines and two fire trucks were called to the scene.
The second fire occurred on the roof of the building at about 5 p.m. but was extinguished in a shorter amount of time.
- 1 Six Busted On Prostitution Charges In Sting In Norwalk
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach