NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk firefighters extinguished a fire at D’Orio Custom Wood Works on Wilson Avenue early Wednesday afternoon but had to return to the scene several hours later to put out another fire at the facility.
No injuries were reported in either blaze. The first occurred at about 12:30 p.m. when an industrial dust collector caught fire and scorched a portion of the rear wall.
Firefighters brought the first blaze under control within about 20 minutes, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay. Three fire engines and two fire trucks were called to the scene.
The second fire occurred on the roof of the building at about 5 p.m. but was extinguished in a shorter amount of time.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street