NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk firefighters extinguished a fire at D’Orio Custom Wood Works on Wilson Avenue early Wednesday afternoon but had to return to the scene several hours later to put out another fire at the facility.
No injuries were reported in either blaze. The first occurred at about 12:30 p.m. when an industrial dust collector caught fire and scorched a portion of the rear wall.
Firefighters brought the first blaze under control within about 20 minutes, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay. Three fire engines and two fire trucks were called to the scene.
The second fire occurred on the roof of the building at about 5 p.m. but was extinguished in a shorter amount of time.
- 1 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 2 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Back TV After Selling It