NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Fire Department responded to a report of an apartment blaze at Avalon Gates at 26 Belden Ave. on Monday, April 21, officials said.
The call came in at 6:47 p.m. for a fire on the third floor balcony. The first firefighters to arrivve found the sprinkler system had activated, holding the blaze in check, fire officials said.
Other firefighters went to the balcony via the bucket to finish extinguishing the blaze and do some overhauling.
First responders checked for water damage in the surrounding apartments. The apartment's occupant was not aware of the fire until the sprinkler turned on.
No injuries were reported, and the fire was under investigation.
Mutual aid was provided by fire departments in New Canaan, Westport and Rowayton.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Mom's New Candle-Making Business Tops Norwalk Week’s News