NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk Community College is hosting a fire examination test preparation class for high school graduates.
The Norwalk Fire Department is recommending the six-session class for those interested in a career in the fire services. The course is set to begin on Feb. 20.
"In 2013 the Norwalk Fire Department developed a test preparation curriculum to assist test applicants gain experience in the examination process. The program provided the opportunity to brush up on material likely to be on standard entry examinations," a press release said. "We are very happy that Norwalk Community College and William Peltz, one of our test prep trainers, will offer this program through the college."
The Norwalk Fire Department anticipates that the recruitment for the next Norwalk Fire Department entry level test to begin in 2015.
"Public Service careers are highly competitive so we encourage interested Norwalk residents to take advantage of this NCC course offering," a press release said.
All those with registration and course questions should contact NCC Extended Studies at 203-857-7080.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death