NORWALK, Conn. – A disgruntled home health aide allegedly left feces in an elderly Norwalk woman's oven after she was fired, police said.
Fairfield resident Fiona Clarke, 40, of Grace Street, is accused of wrapping the feces in a paper towel and leaving it in the elderly woman's New Canaan Avenue home, police said. It was discovered when a relative turned on the oven and it began to burn and smell.
Lt. Praveen John said Clarke worked for the elderly woman and, when the woman’s family requested she work more hours, Clarke declined. The family then hired a second aide to help out, and Clarke allegedly became rude to the point that she was terminated in early February. Soon after, the family discovered the feces in the oven, John said.
Clarke was contacted about the incident and denied responsibility, police said. A warrant was obtained and Clarke turned herself in Thursday, police said.
Clarke was charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief and breach of peace. She was held in lieu of a $5,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court Friday.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 5 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter