NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk burglary suspect Talib Robinson, 34, died Monday while in custody at the Bridgeport Correctional Center, according to authorities.
Robinson, of Bridgeport, was found unresponsive near his bed in the general dormitory area at about 10:10 p.m., said state Department of Correction spokesperson Andrius Banevicius.
Correctional Center staff administered life-saving procedures, and he was transported to St. Vincent’s Hospital in Bridgeport, where he was pronounced dead at 11:07 p.m.
Banevicius said State Police and the Corrections Department are conducting an internal investigation to determine how Robinson died. He said preliminary findings suggest the cause of death was medical.
“There does not appear to be any signs of foul play,” said Banevicius.
Robinson and 33-year-old Felicia Langley of Norwalk were accused of stealing $3,100 worth of items in August from a Lexington Avenue couple they knew.
Norwalk Police Sgt. Lisa Cotto declined to comment.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades