NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk burglary suspect Talib Robinson, 34, died Monday while in custody at the Bridgeport Correctional Center, according to authorities.
Robinson, of Bridgeport, was found unresponsive near his bed in the general dormitory area at about 10:10 p.m., said state Department of Correction spokesperson Andrius Banevicius.
Correctional Center staff administered life-saving procedures, and he was transported to St. Vincent’s Hospital in Bridgeport, where he was pronounced dead at 11:07 p.m.
Banevicius said State Police and the Corrections Department are conducting an internal investigation to determine how Robinson died. He said preliminary findings suggest the cause of death was medical.
“There does not appear to be any signs of foul play,” said Banevicius.
Robinson and 33-year-old Felicia Langley of Norwalk were accused of stealing $3,100 worth of items in August from a Lexington Avenue couple they knew.
Norwalk Police Sgt. Lisa Cotto declined to comment.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured