NORWALK, Conn. – Yard and snow equipment were targeted in a pair of separate home burglaries reported in Norwalk on Wednesday, police said.
The thefts occurred in different parts of the city and appear to be unrelated, other than that the equipment was stored in garages in both cases.
On Wednesday, five chainsaws and a hedge trimmer were reported stolen from an unlocked garage at a home on Old Trolley Way. Police said the homeowner believed the theft could have occurred anytime after Nov. 2.
In the second case, a snowblower and a lawnmower were reported stolen Wednesday from a padlocked garage at a home on Gregory Boulevard. Police said the thief broke in by cutting the lock.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare