Update: The bridge reopened mid-afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – The Stroffolino Bridge that spans the Norwalk River and connects South Norwalk and East Norwalk was stuck in the "slightly" up position for close to an hour midday on Monday, which resulted in the temporary closure of Route 136.
Norwalk Police officers blocked traffic on both sides of the bridge, which was being worked on by state crews at the time.
The crews ran into an undisclosed problem with the bridge mechanism, according to officers at the scene, which the stopped the bridge about two feet from closing. The crews expected to have the span reopened by mid-afternoon.
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Norwalk Mad Bulls Crown 5 Winners In Beginners Wrestling Meet