Update: The bridge reopened mid-afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – The Stroffolino Bridge that spans the Norwalk River and connects South Norwalk and East Norwalk was stuck in the "slightly" up position for close to an hour midday on Monday, which resulted in the temporary closure of Route 136.
Norwalk Police officers blocked traffic on both sides of the bridge, which was being worked on by state crews at the time.
The crews ran into an undisclosed problem with the bridge mechanism, according to officers at the scene, which the stopped the bridge about two feet from closing. The crews expected to have the span reopened by mid-afternoon.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut