Update: The bridge reopened mid-afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – The Stroffolino Bridge that spans the Norwalk River and connects South Norwalk and East Norwalk was stuck in the "slightly" up position for close to an hour midday on Monday, which resulted in the temporary closure of Route 136.
Norwalk Police officers blocked traffic on both sides of the bridge, which was being worked on by state crews at the time.
The crews ran into an undisclosed problem with the bridge mechanism, according to officers at the scene, which the stopped the bridge about two feet from closing. The crews expected to have the span reopened by mid-afternoon.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Rilling Quietly Gets Married