NORWALK, Conn. – A 9-year-old Norwalk boy was struck by a car about 2:45 p.m. Thursday while walking home from Brookside Elementary School.
The boy was walking along Soundview Avenue from the direction of Brookside when he tried to cross Soundview to get to Auburn Street, said Norwalk resident Mark Thomasson of Auburn Street. Thomasson said the boy "ran right in front of" a white Acura and was knocked to the pavement.
Thomasson said the boy tried to get up but he told the child to stay down and wait for emergency workers to arrive. He was conscious and alert when taken to Norwalk Hospital.
Thomasson told The Norwalk Daily Voice and Norwalk Police he saw the incident develop in front of him and the Acura driver had no chance to react
There is a crossing guard on duty at Soundview Avenue and nearby Michael Street, but there is no guard or crosswalk at Auburn Street.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest