NORWALK, Conn. - A New Canaan man was arrested on drug charges in Norwalk on Wednesday after officers responded to a report of shots fired, police said.
Officers received a call about shots fired in the vicinity of Rockmeadow Road and Eagle Road at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. While responding, they saw a car leaving the area at a high rate of speed, police said. Officers caught up to the car and stopped it, police said.
The car was driven by Agron Sabovic, 23, of New Canaan, police said. Officers detected a strong odor of marijuana after stopping the car, according to police. The officers questioned Sabovic, who turned over a small amount of marijuana, police said. While searching the car, officers also found two bags of heroin, according to police reports.
Sabovic was arrested and charged with use and possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of narcotics. Bond was set at $1,500 and he was given a court date of May 2.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters