Update, 2:30 p.m.: The Merritt Parkway has reopened after a crash in Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – An accident on the north side of the Merritt Parkway on Thursday afternoon near Exit 40 in Norwalk has shut down all lanes of the highway, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced.
The accident was reported at about 12:50 p.m., and ambulances were dispatched to the scene because injuries were reported.
Additionally, there were reports of people trapped inside at least one vehicle and requiring extrication.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Rilling Quietly Gets Married