Update, 2:30 p.m.: The Merritt Parkway has reopened after a crash in Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – An accident on the north side of the Merritt Parkway on Thursday afternoon near Exit 40 in Norwalk has shut down all lanes of the highway, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced.
The accident was reported at about 12:50 p.m., and ambulances were dispatched to the scene because injuries were reported.
Additionally, there were reports of people trapped inside at least one vehicle and requiring extrication.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Norwalk Sky