Update, 2:30 p.m.: The Merritt Parkway has reopened after a crash in Norwalk early Thursday afternoon.
NORWALK, Conn. – An accident on the north side of the Merritt Parkway on Thursday afternoon near Exit 40 in Norwalk has shut down all lanes of the highway, the Connecticut Department of Transportation announced.
The accident was reported at about 12:50 p.m., and ambulances were dispatched to the scene because injuries were reported.
Additionally, there were reports of people trapped inside at least one vehicle and requiring extrication.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare