NORWALK, Conn. – A man tried to shoplift two computers from the Best Buy electronics store on Connecticut Avenue on Wednesday afternoon, according to Norwalk police.
The suspect tried to walk out the front door with the Toshiba computers in a cart. When a store manager asked him if he had a receipt, the man said he was not given one.
He then pushed the cart over to the checkout area, but then tried to walk out of the store again with the computers. The manager tried to stop him again, but the man left the cart and the computers and said he had forgotten his wallet in his car and left the store. He never returned. The computers were valued at a combined $1,200.
Police said the man was described as a bald white man with a stocky build, wearing a blue jacket and blue jeans.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Rilling Quietly Gets Married