NORWALK, Conn. – A man tried to shoplift two computers from the Best Buy electronics store on Connecticut Avenue on Wednesday afternoon, according to Norwalk police.
The suspect tried to walk out the front door with the Toshiba computers in a cart. When a store manager asked him if he had a receipt, the man said he was not given one.
He then pushed the cart over to the checkout area, but then tried to walk out of the store again with the computers. The manager tried to stop him again, but the man left the cart and the computers and said he had forgotten his wallet in his car and left the store. He never returned. The computers were valued at a combined $1,200.
Police said the man was described as a bald white man with a stocky build, wearing a blue jacket and blue jeans.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Norwalk