NORWALK, Conn. – A man tried to shoplift two computers from the Best Buy electronics store on Connecticut Avenue on Wednesday afternoon, according to Norwalk police.
The suspect tried to walk out the front door with the Toshiba computers in a cart. When a store manager asked him if he had a receipt, the man said he was not given one.
He then pushed the cart over to the checkout area, but then tried to walk out of the store again with the computers. The manager tried to stop him again, but the man left the cart and the computers and said he had forgotten his wallet in his car and left the store. He never returned. The computers were valued at a combined $1,200.
Police said the man was described as a bald white man with a stocky build, wearing a blue jacket and blue jeans.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured