NORWALK, Conn. – An unidentified man armed with a switchblade was spotted on Main Avenue in Norwalk at about 1:55 p.m. Wednesday before driving off in a two-tone minivan, police said.
The man, who witnesses described as possibly of Mediterranean descent, entered the 203 Tan Company at 235 Main Ave. and first asked if an unnamed woman worked there and later if there was a medical office nearby, police said.
Witnesses said they saw the switchblade in one of his hands, and also that the man was sweating and appeared to be nervous, police said. But he quickly left the salon and drove off in the minivan.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury