NORWALK, Conn. – An unidentified man armed with a switchblade was spotted on Main Avenue in Norwalk at about 1:55 p.m. Wednesday before driving off in a two-tone minivan, police said.
The man, who witnesses described as possibly of Mediterranean descent, entered the 203 Tan Company at 235 Main Ave. and first asked if an unnamed woman worked there and later if there was a medical office nearby, police said.
Witnesses said they saw the switchblade in one of his hands, and also that the man was sweating and appeared to be nervous, police said. But he quickly left the salon and drove off in the minivan.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say