NORWALK, Conn. - A 21-year-old man was shot in the back on Woodward Avenue in Norwalk just after 2 p.m. Saturday, according to police. One suspect has been taken into custody.
The victim sustained a single gunshot wound to the back and was taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment, according to Lt. James Walsh. The status of the victim is unknown at this time, but Walsh said he does not believe the wound was life-threatening.
Witnesses told police the suspect was still in the area. Police discovered a gun that had been discarded in a snowbank, and soon discovered the suspect hiding in the basement of 42 Woodward Ave. He was identified by witnesses and taken into custody.
Police have not yet released the name of the suspect or the type of gun that was used in the shooting.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more information as it becomes available.
- 1 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 2 Crash Cleared From I-95 Southbound In Norwalk
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 5 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County