NORWALK, Conn. – The 7-Eleven convenience store in the Shell gas station at 247 Main Ave. in Norwalk was robbed of an unknown amount of cash by a lone man early Monday, according to police.
No injuries were reported in the 1:10 a.m. robbery, and a weapon was not displayed, police said.
A white male, possibly of Hispanic origin, with a slender build and wearing a hoodie, walked into the store and immediately demanded money from the clerk, police said.
The suspect did not show a weapon, but his right hand was stuffed in his pocket while he was demanding money, police said.
The clerk gave the man an unknown amount of cash from the register, which the suspect put into a green bag, police said. He then demanded a pack of cigarettes, which the clerk also gave him, police said.
After obtaining the cash and smokes, the robber left the store and was last seen on Main Avenue near Ward Street. Police searched the area but did not find the suspect.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 4 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital