NORWALK, Conn. – The 7-Eleven convenience store in the Shell gas station at 247 Main Ave. in Norwalk was robbed of an unknown amount of cash by a lone man early Monday, according to police.
No injuries were reported in the 1:10 a.m. robbery, and a weapon was not displayed, police said.
A white male, possibly of Hispanic origin, with a slender build and wearing a hoodie, walked into the store and immediately demanded money from the clerk, police said.
The suspect did not show a weapon, but his right hand was stuffed in his pocket while he was demanding money, police said.
The clerk gave the man an unknown amount of cash from the register, which the suspect put into a green bag, police said. He then demanded a pack of cigarettes, which the clerk also gave him, police said.
After obtaining the cash and smokes, the robber left the store and was last seen on Main Avenue near Ward Street. Police searched the area but did not find the suspect.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 5 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital