NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man reported he was robbed by a group of teens on Lexington Avenue on Wednesday evening, police said.
Officers responded to the area of Lexington Avenue and Olean Street at about 5:30 p.m. on reports of a man bleeding in the area, police said. Officers located the man, who told them he had just been robbed by a group of people, according to police reports. The man had cuts on his forehead and nose and was taken to Norwalk Hospital.
According to police, the man said he was walking when he was attacked by a group of several teenagers. He described the attackers as a group of young black men and one heavyset woman, police said. He told police that they hit him and took the money out of his wallet before running off.
Officers searched the area and spoke with neighbors, police said. There were no surveillance cameras in the area where the robbery took place, police said. The incident was still under investigation.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport