Updated, 11:15 a.m.
NORWALK, Conn. – A man was found shot early Wednesday near Norwalk Hospital, Norwalk firefighters said. The extent of his injuries were not known, but hospital staff was performing CPR on the victim shortly after his arrival.
At 10:33 a.m., Dep. Chief Gino Gatto said he had heard the man had died. He did not have any further details.
"The young man was resident of Stamford," Officer Carelton Giles said at 11 a.m. "It appears the body was just put here. We don't have any indication of a shooting here."
The man was found at Woodbury Avenue and Stevens Street by a Norwalk Hospital security guard at about 12:15 a.m., Fire Lt. Nick Giancaspro said last night. He had at least two gunshot wounds. He was transported to the hospital by paramedics.
Giancaspro and Deputy Fire Chief Steven Shay did not know the man's condition, but said CPR was being performed when they left the hospital.
Norwalk police were still at the scene at 2:30 a.m. investigating the shooting. They declined to release more details.
Norwalk Daily Voice will provide more details as they become available.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk