WILTON, Conn. – A Norwalk man faces a larceny charge in the theft of a safe with more than $4,000 in it from a Wilton deli.
Christopher Yarrell, 40, was arrested after an investigation into a smash-and-grab burglary last November at the Wilton Deli, police said. Yarrell, of 4 Merritt St. and 65 Warde St., Norwalk, was charged Saturday with third-degree larceny, a class D felony.
Yarrell was in possession of the safe, which contained about $4,100 in cash, that was stolen during a burglary, police said. A warrant was obtained and executed Saturday. Police said they believe another person was also involved in the theft.
Yarrell was released on $2,500 bond and appeared Monday in Norwalk Superior Court. According to state court records, he will return to court Dec. 17.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts