WILTON, Conn. – A Norwalk man faces a larceny charge in the theft of a safe with more than $4,000 in it from a Wilton deli.
Christopher Yarrell, 40, was arrested after an investigation into a smash-and-grab burglary last November at the Wilton Deli, police said. Yarrell, of 4 Merritt St. and 65 Warde St., Norwalk, was charged Saturday with third-degree larceny, a class D felony.
Yarrell was in possession of the safe, which contained about $4,100 in cash, that was stolen during a burglary, police said. A warrant was obtained and executed Saturday. Police said they believe another person was also involved in the theft.
Yarrell was released on $2,500 bond and appeared Monday in Norwalk Superior Court. According to state court records, he will return to court Dec. 17.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say