NORWALK, Conn. -- A Waterbury man was arrested after he was found breaking windows at a Norwalk fire station Friday night, police said.
Danny Palmer, 47, was charged with second-degree criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. He was issued a summons to appear in court May 26.
Police received a call shortly before 11 p.m. Friday saying that somebody was breaking windows at Norwalk Fire Department Station Three on Van Zant Street.
When officers responded, they found Palmer, who appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, according to police reports. He was also bleeding from the arm, police said.
Witnesses told officers they had seen Palmer punching the windows of the fire station, police said. Palmer was subsequently arrested.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare