NORWALK, Conn. — A fire heavily damaged a home at 9 Talmadge Place in Norwalk early Saturday.
The blaze sent a family of four into the chill night air as smoke and flames took over the first floor of the two-story home before spreading to the second floor.
The fire was first reported at about 12:10 a.m. The fire department responded, and neighbors stood watching as firefighters battled to knock down the flames to enter the burning house.
Firefighters climbed atop a porch roof and broke through windows to enter the home through billowing clouds of acrid smoke.
No firefighters were injured, the Norwalk Fire Department said, but one resident was treated for a minor laceration. It could not be immediately confirmed if the person was taken to the hospital.
The fire was under control by 1 a.m., the fire department confirmed. The Red Cross was heading to the scene to aid the residents.
Come back to The Norwalk Daily Voice for more on this developing story.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.