NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk police are continuing their investigation into the Monday morning discovery of a body found near the docks that lead to the Norwalk River by Selleck Street.
The victim was described as a white male in his 30s. Norwalk Police said they verified his identity, but as of 3:45 p.m. on Monday the department was still trying to notify the man's next of kin before releasing his name. Police said they had a couple addresses for the man, with one in Norwalk.
According to Detective Sgt. Thomas Roncinske, there was “no apparent foul play” from the discovery, which was made Monday morning before 10 a.m., and there was no trauma to the body. An autopsy is being performed to determine if drugs or alcohol were involved.
“At this point, we’re not 100 percent sure if he went off the dock or off a bridge or someplace else,” Roncinske said.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48