NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk firefighters quickly knocked down a fire that started in a microwave of a South Main Street apartment Wednesday.
The Norwalk Fire Department received a report of smoke and possibly fire coming from the apartment building at the corner of South Main Street and Haviland Street, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay.
The fire started in the microwave of a third-floor apartment and spread to the cabinets. Shay said that the fire was pretty much contained to the kitchen where it started.
"It was more of a smoke problem than a fire problem," Shay said. The fire was extinguished within five to ten minutes, and a fan was set up to ventilate the building before residents could return. There were no injuries.
- 1 Norwalk Man Arrested Twice On Drugs, Threatening Officer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight