NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk firefighters quickly knocked down a fire that started in a microwave of a South Main Street apartment Wednesday.
The Norwalk Fire Department received a report of smoke and possibly fire coming from the apartment building at the corner of South Main Street and Haviland Street, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay.
The fire started in the microwave of a third-floor apartment and spread to the cabinets. Shay said that the fire was pretty much contained to the kitchen where it started.
"It was more of a smoke problem than a fire problem," Shay said. The fire was extinguished within five to ten minutes, and a fan was set up to ventilate the building before residents could return. There were no injuries.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.