NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk firefighters doused a small clothing and debris fire in an apartment at the Roodner Court housing complex on Ely Avenue Thursday night. No injuries were reported.
The fire was reported a little after 7 p.m. in a third floor unit in Building 14. The tenant, who was smoking according to fire marshals, appeared to have accidentally started the fire in a pile of clothing on the floor.
The small blaze sent smoke under the apartment door and throughout the hallway, prompting residents to call the department.
“This seems to have been more of a smoke scare than anything,” said Fire Marshal Kirk McDonald. “But it’s still under investigation.”
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 3 It’s Go Time for Snapper Fishing in Norwalk
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Norwalk Fire, Police And Public Works Host Open House And Touch-A-Truck