NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk firefighters doused a small clothing and debris fire in an apartment at the Roodner Court housing complex on Ely Avenue Thursday night. No injuries were reported.
The fire was reported a little after 7 p.m. in a third floor unit in Building 14. The tenant, who was smoking according to fire marshals, appeared to have accidentally started the fire in a pile of clothing on the floor.
The small blaze sent smoke under the apartment door and throughout the hallway, prompting residents to call the department.
“This seems to have been more of a smoke scare than anything,” said Fire Marshal Kirk McDonald. “But it’s still under investigation.”
- 1 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 2 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later