NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk firefighters doused a small clothing and debris fire in an apartment at the Roodner Court housing complex on Ely Avenue Thursday night. No injuries were reported.
The fire was reported a little after 7 p.m. in a third floor unit in Building 14. The tenant, who was smoking according to fire marshals, appeared to have accidentally started the fire in a pile of clothing on the floor.
The small blaze sent smoke under the apartment door and throughout the hallway, prompting residents to call the department.
“This seems to have been more of a smoke scare than anything,” said Fire Marshal Kirk McDonald. “But it’s still under investigation.”
- 1 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job