NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk firefighters doused a small clothing and debris fire in an apartment at the Roodner Court housing complex on Ely Avenue Thursday night. No injuries were reported.
The fire was reported a little after 7 p.m. in a third floor unit in Building 14. The tenant, who was smoking according to fire marshals, appeared to have accidentally started the fire in a pile of clothing on the floor.
The small blaze sent smoke under the apartment door and throughout the hallway, prompting residents to call the department.
“This seems to have been more of a smoke scare than anything,” said Fire Marshal Kirk McDonald. “But it’s still under investigation.”
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 3 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller