NORWALK, Conn. - An elderly woman was struck by a car in Norwalk on Tuesday afternoon while crossing the street, police said.
The 82-year-old woman stepped off the curb on West Avenue about 12:30 p.m. when a car traveling southbound struck her, police said. The woman was not in the crosswalk. Witnesses told police that the driver swerved to avoid hitting her, but ended up striking her with the side mirror and windshield.
Paramedics arrived on the scene and the woman was taken to the hospital to be treated for her injuries. Police did not provide details on the woman's condition.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport