NORWALK, Conn. - An elderly woman was struck by a car in Norwalk on Tuesday afternoon while crossing the street, police said.
The 82-year-old woman stepped off the curb on West Avenue about 12:30 p.m. when a car traveling southbound struck her, police said. The woman was not in the crosswalk. Witnesses told police that the driver swerved to avoid hitting her, but ended up striking her with the side mirror and windshield.
Paramedics arrived on the scene and the woman was taken to the hospital to be treated for her injuries. Police did not provide details on the woman's condition.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death