NORWALK, Conn. - An elderly woman was struck by a car in Norwalk on Tuesday afternoon while crossing the street, police said.
The 82-year-old woman stepped off the curb on West Avenue about 12:30 p.m. when a car traveling southbound struck her, police said. The woman was not in the crosswalk. Witnesses told police that the driver swerved to avoid hitting her, but ended up striking her with the side mirror and windshield.
Paramedics arrived on the scene and the woman was taken to the hospital to be treated for her injuries. Police did not provide details on the woman's condition.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 5 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station