NORWALK, Conn. - An elderly woman was struck by a car in Norwalk on Tuesday afternoon while crossing the street, police said.
The 82-year-old woman stepped off the curb on West Avenue about 12:30 p.m. when a car traveling southbound struck her, police said. The woman was not in the crosswalk. Witnesses told police that the driver swerved to avoid hitting her, but ended up striking her with the side mirror and windshield.
Paramedics arrived on the scene and the woman was taken to the hospital to be treated for her injuries. Police did not provide details on the woman's condition.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk