NORWALK, Conn. – One of three men charged with the theft of more than $83,000 worth of handbags from Dooney & Bourke has also been charged with threatening a Norwalk police officer’s mother.
Police said that while officers processed 46-year-old Bridgeport resident Tomas Morel last week on larceny charges he asked an officer if his mother was a woman he worked with at Dooney & Bourke.
The officer said no, and Morel answered, “Oh, that must be the other [officer]. We’ll be seeing his mother real soon.”
The mother of a Norwalk police officer works at Dooney & Bourke on Regent Street in Norwalk, but police did not disclose his or his mother’s identity.
Morel was held in lieu of a $50,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court Monday to answer second-degree threatening charges.
- 1 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Norwalk Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 5 Juvenile Who Lives In Europe Arrested In Norwalk SWATing Incident