NORWALK, Conn. – Two families have been temporarily displaced after a fire Monday in a two-family home at 74 Devils Garden Road in Norwalk, according to fire officials.
A total of eight people were displaced, but no injuries were reported. A dog was rescued from the first-floor apartment where the fire started, officials said.
The blaze, which occurred at about 9:25 p.m., is under investigation, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay. It started in the kitchen on the first floor and spread up the wall to the second floor unit, he said.
Three engines and two truck companies were needed to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes, Shay said. The home was posted as unfit for occupancy, which led to the displacement.
- 1 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director