NORWALK, Conn. – Two families have been temporarily displaced after a fire Monday in a two-family home at 74 Devils Garden Road in Norwalk, according to fire officials.
A total of eight people were displaced, but no injuries were reported. A dog was rescued from the first-floor apartment where the fire started, officials said.
The blaze, which occurred at about 9:25 p.m., is under investigation, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay. It started in the kitchen on the first floor and spread up the wall to the second floor unit, he said.
Three engines and two truck companies were needed to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes, Shay said. The home was posted as unfit for occupancy, which led to the displacement.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades