NORWALK, Conn. – Two families have been temporarily displaced after a fire Monday in a two-family home at 74 Devils Garden Road in Norwalk, according to fire officials.
A total of eight people were displaced, but no injuries were reported. A dog was rescued from the first-floor apartment where the fire started, officials said.
The blaze, which occurred at about 9:25 p.m., is under investigation, according to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Shay. It started in the kitchen on the first floor and spread up the wall to the second floor unit, he said.
Three engines and two truck companies were needed to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes, Shay said. The home was posted as unfit for occupancy, which led to the displacement.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard