NORWALK, Conn. – A 36-year-old Norwalk man was charged Friday with threatening his girlfriend with a knife while he held their 18-month-old baby in his arms, police said.
Joel Alvarado of Oak Street got into an argument with his live-in girlfriend just before 8 p.m. Friday when he accused her of infidelity. The woman, whose identity was not disclosed, was holding the infant at the time, and Alvarado snatched the child out of her arms, grabbed a knife, held it against her throat and threatened to kill her, police said.
The woman wrestled free and ran into the bathroom, where she tried to call the police. Alvarado broke into the room and grabbed the phone out of her hand during the call, police said.
Alvarado was charged misdemeanor threatening, risk of injury, reckless endangerment and interfering with a 911 call. He was held in lieu of a $40,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court Monday.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk