NORWALK, Conn. – A 19-year-old Norwalk man was arrested Thursday in an alleged sexual assault on a 14-year-old Norwalk girl, police said.
Wayne Barker of Christy Street turned himself in to police Thursday afternoon and was charged with second-degree sexual assault and injury or risk of injury or impairing the morals of a child, both felonies.
The incident occurred in an undisclosed residence in December, but details of the case were not released by police. Barker “inappropriately touched” the girl, but it was “not forcible,” Lt. Praveen John said.
Barker was released after posting $25,000 bond and is scheduled to appear Feb. 1 in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say