NORWALK, Conn. – A 69-year-old Norwalk man grabbed his 48-year-old female neighbor by the throat and screamed obscenities during a fight Thursday regarding leaves blown from his neighbor’s yard onto his property, police said.
Laszlo Kadar, of 21 Richmond Hill Ave., was charged with third-degree strangulation and second-degree breach of peace, both misdemeanors, and was released on a promise to appear Dec. 27 in Norwalk Superior Court.
According to Police Lt. Praveen John, Kadar said he and his neighbor, who police did not identify, argue every year about leaves. Kader said the neighbor does not clean up her leaves and they end up in his yard, police said.
On Thursday, the woman’s landscaper told her Kadar had blown leaves from his property onto hers so she took a blower and blew them back, police said.
Kadar saw this and rushed out of his house to confront the woman, screaming obscenities and grabbing her by the throat, police said. Police said they saw a mark around the woman’s upper chest that may have come from Kadar grabbing her, but she did not require medical attention.
The incident was witnessed by the woman’s landscaper, who told police he saw Kadar choke the woman. Kadar said he may have had contact with her when he tried to grab the leaf blower from her, police said.
- 1 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 4 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation