NORWALK, Conn. – A 26-year-old Norwalk man was arrested early Thursday after police said he shot off fireworks with his 8-year-old son.
Luis Orriola, of Bedford Avenue, was arrested in his home about 2:15 a.m. after police received complaints of gunfire in on Bedford Avenue.
When officers arrived, Orriola was seen igniting fireworks from his second-floor condominium, and one of the rockets nearly struck an officer in the head, according to Sgt. David O’Connor.
Orriola said that he was igniting the fireworks because his son wanted to see them, and when told by officers that he nearly struck someone, Orriola shrugged indicating he did not care, O’Connor said.
Police charged Orriola with breach of peace and risk of injury to a minor, both misdemeanors. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 25.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 3 Retired Norwalk Hospital Cardiology Chief Explains Dangers Of AF
- 4 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Southbound In Norwalk