NORWALK, Conn. – A 26-year-old Norwalk man was arrested early Thursday after police said he shot off fireworks with his 8-year-old son.
Luis Orriola, of Bedford Avenue, was arrested in his home about 2:15 a.m. after police received complaints of gunfire in on Bedford Avenue.
When officers arrived, Orriola was seen igniting fireworks from his second-floor condominium, and one of the rockets nearly struck an officer in the head, according to Sgt. David O’Connor.
Orriola said that he was igniting the fireworks because his son wanted to see them, and when told by officers that he nearly struck someone, Orriola shrugged indicating he did not care, O’Connor said.
Police charged Orriola with breach of peace and risk of injury to a minor, both misdemeanors. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 25.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller