NORWALK, Conn. – A man who police say instigated the fight that led to the shooting of of 35-year-old John “Debo” Alston in May has been arrested.
Norwalk resident Edwin Russell, 39, of 43A Chestnut St., was arrested Wednesday on a warrant charging him with second degree riot, breach of peace and unlawful assembly, all misdemeanors.
Police said Russell instigated the fight that led to the shooting of Alston on South Main Street. Norwalk resident Pernell McBride, 49, is accused of in Alston's death. McBride’s case is pending in Stamford Superior Court.
Russell was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Nov. 7.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Norwalk Teen Reports He Was Robbed On East Avenue
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced