NORWALK, Conn. – A man who police say instigated the fight that led to the shooting of of 35-year-old John “Debo” Alston in May has been arrested.
Norwalk resident Edwin Russell, 39, of 43A Chestnut St., was arrested Wednesday on a warrant charging him with second degree riot, breach of peace and unlawful assembly, all misdemeanors.
Police said Russell instigated the fight that led to the shooting of Alston on South Main Street. Norwalk resident Pernell McBride, 49, is accused of in Alston's death. McBride’s case is pending in Stamford Superior Court.
Russell was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Nov. 7.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk