NORWALK, Conn. – A man who police say instigated the fight that led to the shooting of of 35-year-old John “Debo” Alston in May has been arrested.
Norwalk resident Edwin Russell, 39, of 43A Chestnut St., was arrested Wednesday on a warrant charging him with second degree riot, breach of peace and unlawful assembly, all misdemeanors.
Police said Russell instigated the fight that led to the shooting of Alston on South Main Street. Norwalk resident Pernell McBride, 49, is accused of in Alston's death. McBride’s case is pending in Stamford Superior Court.
Russell was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Nov. 7.
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk