NORWALK, Conn. – A man who police say instigated the fight that led to the shooting of of 35-year-old John “Debo” Alston in May has been arrested.
Norwalk resident Edwin Russell, 39, of 43A Chestnut St., was arrested Wednesday on a warrant charging him with second degree riot, breach of peace and unlawful assembly, all misdemeanors.
Police said Russell instigated the fight that led to the shooting of Alston on South Main Street. Norwalk resident Pernell McBride, 49, is accused of in Alston's death. McBride’s case is pending in Stamford Superior Court.
Russell was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Nov. 7.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Norwalk Sky