NORWALK, Conn. -- Several students suffered nonlife-threatening injuries after a two-car crash in which an SUV flipped over and caught fire Saturday night, May 10, Norwalk police said.
Two cars containing a total of eight Brien McMahon High School student collided at Fillow Street and Kendall Court at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
One of the cars, a Mercedes SUV, flipped onto its roof and caught fire, police said. When first responders arrived, all of the students had managed to get out of the cars, police said. Firefighters arrived and quickly put the fire out, police said.
The students were taken to Norwalk Hospital, where they were treated for nonlife-threatening injuries, police said.
Police were investigating the cause of the crash, and no charges have been filed.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 4 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 5 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders