NORWALK, Conn. -- A 5-year-old Kendall Elementary School student suffered a partial amputation of his thumb Thursday after getting it caught in a door, Norwalk police said.
The incident occurred at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The school nurse told officers that the boy had shown up in the office holding his bleeding hand, police said.
He had apparently severed part of his thumb after getting it caught in a bathroom door, police said. The nurse dressed the wound and applied pressure while EMS workers responded, police said.
The boy's parents were notified, and he was taken to the hospital, police said.
- 1 Norwalk Man Arrested Twice On Drugs, Threatening Officer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight