NORWALK, Conn. -- A 5-year-old Kendall Elementary School student suffered a partial amputation of his thumb Thursday after getting it caught in a door, Norwalk police said.
The incident occurred at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The school nurse told officers that the boy had shown up in the office holding his bleeding hand, police said.
He had apparently severed part of his thumb after getting it caught in a bathroom door, police said. The nurse dressed the wound and applied pressure while EMS workers responded, police said.
The boy's parents were notified, and he was taken to the hospital, police said.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Norwalk Basketball Community Stunned By Coach's Sudden Death
- 4 Norwalk Woman Arrested After Westport Drug Raid
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk