NORWALK, Conn. -- A 5-year-old Kendall Elementary School student suffered a partial amputation of his thumb Thursday after getting it caught in a door, Norwalk police said.
The incident occurred at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The school nurse told officers that the boy had shown up in the office holding his bleeding hand, police said.
He had apparently severed part of his thumb after getting it caught in a bathroom door, police said. The nurse dressed the wound and applied pressure while EMS workers responded, police said.
The boy's parents were notified, and he was taken to the hospital, police said.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk