NORWALK, Conn. -- A 5-year-old Kendall Elementary School student suffered a partial amputation of his thumb Thursday after getting it caught in a door, Norwalk police said.
The incident occurred at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The school nurse told officers that the boy had shown up in the office holding his bleeding hand, police said.
He had apparently severed part of his thumb after getting it caught in a bathroom door, police said. The nurse dressed the wound and applied pressure while EMS workers responded, police said.
The boy's parents were notified, and he was taken to the hospital, police said.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk