NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Daily Voice accepts signed letters to the editor. Send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the editor:
In my opinion 127 Fillow St. is not the right place to build the proposed Mosque.
The original facts still remain:
- As originally proposed, the 27,000-square-foot building is disproportionate to the size of the property and totally out of place with surrounding facilities
- Immediate intersections surrounding this property are already overburdened with dangerous and blind curves as well as speeding traffic
- An elementary and middle school are within a short distance from planned facility and bring walking students as well as school buses to area.
On a personal note, I have been a resident of Norwalk for over 50 years with property just on the fringe of West Norwalk and am greatly displeased that a modestly revised plan with a cash payout is even being considered. The city did nothing wrong.
As an avid walker I have seen, first hand, an increase in foot traffic over the last couple of years that cautiously maneuver the heavy traffic, dangerous curves and blind intersections surrounding this property.
"If they build it, they will come" and the resulting influx of traffic, people and potential other outside influences will negatively affect all our surrounding neighborhoods, property values and general quality of life as we know it.
Change is inevitable but we need to make sure those changes are made with a positive affect to our community.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Norwalk
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Fairfield's Max Maisel