NORWALK, Conn. - The Norwalk Daily Voice accepts signed, original letters to the editor. Send letters to email@example.com.
To the Editor:
While attending our local Veterans Day ceremonies Monday some thoughts came to mind that I'd like to share with the people of Norwalk and Darien. We Americans are a unique breed having come to world prominence in the span of just a few hundred years. We've managed to eclipse civilizations that have been around for hundreds and even thousands more.
At the root of our success has been our love of liberty. It's been the driving force behind our desire to learn all we can, our ability to persevere against all odds and our willingness to share our good fortunes with all the peoples of the world.
We'd have no liberty had not farmers in Connecticut and the other colonies not taken up arms against the King. We'd have no liberty had not thousands more Americans representing every profession, race, color and creed served in the military in defense of our great nation. For the sacrifices they've made and continue to make, let us be grateful, not just on Veterans Day, but every day.
I also wish to express my deepest gratitude for all who exercised their liberty and cast votes on Election Day. It's one of the ways we American's preserve that liberty.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 4 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital