NORWALK, Conn. - William Francis Turner of Norwalk died Sunday, Jan. 12. He was 79.
Turner was born March 15, 1934, to Carrie Mae Jackson and Robert Turner. He was a U.S. Air Force veteran serving his country from 1952 to 1956. He was a painter who served the Connecticut area from 1966 until his retirement in 2008.
Turner is survived by his wife, Elizabeth Stanford Turner; daughter, Antoinette T. Blair-Millimono of Maryland; sons, Barry (Marie) Turner of Norwalk, Gilbert (Lisa) Turner of Garner, N.C., and Van (Gina) Turner of Stratford; 12 grandchildren; three great grandchildren; and a host of other relatives. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Robert Turner, Jr.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 17 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk, and the funeral service begins at 11 a.m. Burial will be held immediately after service at Willowbrook Cemetery, 395 Main St., Westport.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Turner’s memory to the: American Diabetes Association, P.O. Box 11454, Alexandria, VA 22312.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Death Of Man Who Drowned After Bridgeport Bar Fight Is Ruled A Homicide