NORWALK, Conn. – William J. "Cheese" Hamlette Sr., formerly of Norwalk, died Jan. 5 at Bridgeport Hospital. He was 76.
He was born Jan. 12, 1936, in Montclair, N.J., to Samuel and Atienia Hamlette. He was married to Fern Hamlette for 55 years. He lived in Norwalk before moving to Bridgeport 42 years ago.
Hamlette is survived by his wife; five sons, Michael Hamlette, William Hamlette Jr., Myron (Sandra) Hamlette, Kevin Hamlette and Randy Hamlette; three daughters, Regina (Nathaniel) Washington, Tammie (Robert) Green and Nicole (Jimmy) Martinez; and many relatives and friends. He was predeceased by a daughter, Sheila Hamlette.
Visitation is from 11 a.m. to noon Friday at First Congregational Church in Norwalk. A service will follow at noon. Burial will follow at Lakeview Cemetery in Bridgeport. Baker-Isaac Funeral Services in Bridgeport is handling arrangements.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk