NORWALK, Conn. – William J. "Cheese" Hamlette Sr., formerly of Norwalk, died Jan. 5 at Bridgeport Hospital. He was 76.
He was born Jan. 12, 1936, in Montclair, N.J., to Samuel and Atienia Hamlette. He was married to Fern Hamlette for 55 years. He lived in Norwalk before moving to Bridgeport 42 years ago.
Hamlette is survived by his wife; five sons, Michael Hamlette, William Hamlette Jr., Myron (Sandra) Hamlette, Kevin Hamlette and Randy Hamlette; three daughters, Regina (Nathaniel) Washington, Tammie (Robert) Green and Nicole (Jimmy) Martinez; and many relatives and friends. He was predeceased by a daughter, Sheila Hamlette.
Visitation is from 11 a.m. to noon Friday at First Congregational Church in Norwalk. A service will follow at noon. Burial will follow at Lakeview Cemetery in Bridgeport. Baker-Isaac Funeral Services in Bridgeport is handling arrangements.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk