NORWALK, Conn. - Walter “Roger” Rozkewicz of Norwalk died Wednesday, July 30. He was 97.
Rozkewicz was born Dec. 13, 1916, in Norwalk, the son of Cazimir and Aniela Czajka Rozkewicz. He worked as a truck mechanic for Vallerie Trucking for over 40 years. He served in the Army Air Corps during World War II. He was a member of the D.A.V. He was a founding member of the American Air Museum in Britain.
Rozkewicz is survived by his daughter, Mary Beth Rozkewicz of Brooklyn and her partner, James Mitchell; sister, Stephanie Healy of Fall River, Mass.; three grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Elizabeth Gwizdak Rozkewicz; son, Mark E. Rozkewicz; daughter, Donna Rozkewicz Phipps; brother, Edward Roy; and sister, Helen Weisner.
There are no calling hours. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at St. John Cemetery in Norwalk.
Donations in Rozkewicz’s name may be made to a favorite charity.
For more information, visit www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Norwalk Fire, Police And Public Works Host Open House And Touch-A-Truck