NORWALK, Conn. - Walter “Roger” Rozkewicz of Norwalk died Wednesday, July 30. He was 97.
Rozkewicz was born Dec. 13, 1916, in Norwalk, the son of Cazimir and Aniela Czajka Rozkewicz. He worked as a truck mechanic for Vallerie Trucking for over 40 years. He served in the Army Air Corps during World War II. He was a member of the D.A.V. He was a founding member of the American Air Museum in Britain.
Rozkewicz is survived by his daughter, Mary Beth Rozkewicz of Brooklyn and her partner, James Mitchell; sister, Stephanie Healy of Fall River, Mass.; three grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Elizabeth Gwizdak Rozkewicz; son, Mark E. Rozkewicz; daughter, Donna Rozkewicz Phipps; brother, Edward Roy; and sister, Helen Weisner.
There are no calling hours. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at St. John Cemetery in Norwalk.
Donations in Rozkewicz’s name may be made to a favorite charity.
For more information, visit www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 3 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller