NORWALK, Conn. - Walter “Roger” Rozkewicz of Norwalk died Wednesday, July 30. He was 97.
Rozkewicz was born Dec. 13, 1916, in Norwalk, the son of Cazimir and Aniela Czajka Rozkewicz. He worked as a truck mechanic for Vallerie Trucking for over 40 years. He served in the Army Air Corps during World War II. He was a member of the D.A.V. He was a founding member of the American Air Museum in Britain.
Rozkewicz is survived by his daughter, Mary Beth Rozkewicz of Brooklyn and her partner, James Mitchell; sister, Stephanie Healy of Fall River, Mass.; three grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Elizabeth Gwizdak Rozkewicz; son, Mark E. Rozkewicz; daughter, Donna Rozkewicz Phipps; brother, Edward Roy; and sister, Helen Weisner.
There are no calling hours. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at St. John Cemetery in Norwalk.
Donations in Rozkewicz’s name may be made to a favorite charity.
For more information, visit www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Driver Charged With Killing Pedestrian In Hit-And-Run Crash In Norwalk
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home