DARIEN, Conn. - Theodore (Ted) J. Swedock, Jr. of Darien died Monday, March 31. He was 71.
Swedock was born May 27, 1942, in Meriden, he was the son of Theodore J. and Bernice R. (Myjak) Swedock. He grew up in Meriden and was drawn to New York, starting his career as a trader at Hoppin Watson, later Janney Montgomery Scott, and worked his way up to senior vice president. He eventually graduated from Wall Street to pension consulting and finished his career at Evaluation Associates in Norwalk.
Swedock is survived by his wife, E. Kathryn Swedock of Darien; children, Theodore (Todd) J. Swedock III of Darien and Elizabeth W. Swedock of Norwalk; siblings, Robert D. Swedock (Jann) of Woodbridge, Va., and Kathleen R. Centola (Glenn) of Meriden. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 3 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, April 4 at St. Thomas More R.C. Church, 374 Middlesex Road, Darien. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donation may be made to the ALS Association, Connecticut Chapter, 4 Oxford Road, Unit D4, Milford, CT 06460.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk