WOODBRIDGE, Va. - Susan Nathanson Fairey of Woodbridge, formerly of Norwalk, died Saturday, Feb. 15. She was 66.
Fairey was born June 16, 1947, in Bridgeport, the daughter of Norman J. Nathanson and Dorothy Loss Nathanson of Norwalk.
She attended Norwalk High School and received her bachelor's and master's degrees in elementary education from Southern Connecticut State University. She taught third grade in North Haven and later was a substitute teacher in Prince William County.
She was a life member of the American Association of University Women, a charter member of the Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Washington and a friend of the Chinn Park Regional Library in Woodbridge.
Fairey is survived by her husband, John A. Fairey, of Woodbridge; sister, Laurie N. Lester of Haworth, N.J.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, at Independent Hebrew Society/Temple Shalom Cemetery, Richards Avenue in Norwalk.
Donations in Fairey’s memory may be made to the Susan Nathanson Fairey Research and Projects Grant/AAUW Woodbridge Branch, c/o Barbara Ondo, 5033 Softwood Lane, Woodbridge, VA 22192-8321.
For more information, please visit: www.collins-funeral.com.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk