WOODBRIDGE, Va. - Susan Nathanson Fairey of Woodbridge, formerly of Norwalk, died Saturday, Feb. 15. She was 66.
Fairey was born June 16, 1947, in Bridgeport, the daughter of Norman J. Nathanson and Dorothy Loss Nathanson of Norwalk.
She attended Norwalk High School and received her bachelor's and master's degrees in elementary education from Southern Connecticut State University. She taught third grade in North Haven and later was a substitute teacher in Prince William County.
She was a life member of the American Association of University Women, a charter member of the Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Washington and a friend of the Chinn Park Regional Library in Woodbridge.
Fairey is survived by her husband, John A. Fairey, of Woodbridge; sister, Laurie N. Lester of Haworth, N.J.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, at Independent Hebrew Society/Temple Shalom Cemetery, Richards Avenue in Norwalk.
Donations in Fairey’s memory may be made to the Susan Nathanson Fairey Research and Projects Grant/AAUW Woodbridge Branch, c/o Barbara Ondo, 5033 Softwood Lane, Woodbridge, VA 22192-8321.
For more information, please visit: www.collins-funeral.com.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield