WOODBRIDGE, Va. - Susan Nathanson Fairey of Woodbridge, formerly of Norwalk, died Saturday, Feb. 15. She was 66.
Fairey was born June 16, 1947, in Bridgeport, the daughter of Norman J. Nathanson and Dorothy Loss Nathanson of Norwalk.
She attended Norwalk High School and received her bachelor's and master's degrees in elementary education from Southern Connecticut State University. She taught third grade in North Haven and later was a substitute teacher in Prince William County.
She was a life member of the American Association of University Women, a charter member of the Jewish Genealogy Society of Greater Washington and a friend of the Chinn Park Regional Library in Woodbridge.
Fairey is survived by her husband, John A. Fairey, of Woodbridge; sister, Laurie N. Lester of Haworth, N.J.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, at Independent Hebrew Society/Temple Shalom Cemetery, Richards Avenue in Norwalk.
Donations in Fairey’s memory may be made to the Susan Nathanson Fairey Research and Projects Grant/AAUW Woodbridge Branch, c/o Barbara Ondo, 5033 Softwood Lane, Woodbridge, VA 22192-8321.
For more information, please visit: www.collins-funeral.com.
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow