PORT CHESTER, N.Y. - Saverio J. Greto, a resident of Port Chester, died July 2. He was 93.
Greto was born Sept. 8, 1920, in Mamaroneck, to Domenick and Theresa Perri Greto. He was raised and educated in Mamaroneck. He was a shipping clerk for Homelite Corporation for 20 years and then was a shipping supervisor for Norden Laboratories in Norwalk for 25 years before retiring in 1986. He was also a waiter for the Post Lodge for many years in Mamaroneck and was a parishioner of the Corpus Christi Church in Port Chester and a former member of the Holy Name Society.
Greto is survived by his children, Geraldine Greto of Port Chester, Samuel Greto (Barbara) of Port Chester, Paul Greto (Janine) of White Plains, Mary Theresa Pierce (Robert) of Naples, Fla., and Stephen Greto (Donna) of Port Chester; nine grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and brother, Domenick Greto of Tallahassee, Fla. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Bettina; brothers, Louis, Emil, Frank, Stephen, Joseph and William Greto; and sisters, Theresa Delapa and Tina Castellano.
Calling hours are from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, July 3 at Craft Memorial Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Saturday July 5 at Corpus Christi Church, 136 South Regent St., Port Chester. Interment to follow at Saint Mary's Cemetery Rye Brook. There will be no calling hours Friday, July 4.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured