NORWALK, Conn. - Salvatore L. Taliercio of Norwalk died Sunday, March 23. He was 76.
Taliercio was born July 23, 1937, in Norwalk, he was the son of Antonio and Theresa Cenatiempo Taliercio and has lived locally all of his life. He attended local schools and after graduation enlisted in the U.S. Navy. After discharge he returned to Norwalk and worked for many years as a firefighter for the City of Norwalk, retiring as a lieutenant. He was also the head usher at the Word Alive Bible Church.
Taliercio is survived by his children, Salvatore, Ann Marie, Michael, Thomas (Peggy), Paula (Greg) Billingham, Joseph Gaita (Sally); estranged wife, Ann Gaita Taliercio; brother, Ralph (Mary); 18 grandchildren; a great grandchild; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and siblings, Jack, John and Neil Taliercio, Francis Proto and Madeline Gallina.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 27 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, March 28 at the Word Alive Bible Church, 536 West Ave., Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk