WESTPORT, Conn. - Richard J. Walkoff of Westport died Wednesday, March 26. He was 86.
Walkoff was born April 21, 1927, in Norwalk, he was the son of Harry and Pauline Landstein Walkoff. He was a graduate of Norwalk High School, class of 1945. He served in the army during World War II and graduated from the Columbia University School of Pharmacy. He became a registered pharmacist and was the owner of Richard’s Pharmacy in Norwalk for over 40 years.
Walkoff is survived by his wife, Gloria; daughters, Lynn Walkoff (Robert) Machson of Weston, Judy Walkoff (Marc) Landy of Westport and Diane Walkoff (Stephen) Drucker of Eau Claire, Wis.; six grandchildren; sister, Elaine Arnow (Dr. Ernest Arnow) of Westport; brother, Dr. Charles Walkoff (Tammy) of Florida; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Congregation Beth El, 109 East Ave., Norwalk. Burial will follow in Beth El Memorial Park, 222 Richards Ave., Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Walkoff’s memory may be made to: Congregation Beth El, 109 East Ave., Norwalk, CT 06851.
For more information, please visit: www.collins-funeral.com
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest