NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Richard A. Gilbert, formerly of New Canaan, died Jan. 23. He was 72.
Gilbert served in the U.S. Air Force as a mechanic for four years from 1959 to 1963. He was hired as a pole climber for Southern New England Telephone Co. in Norwalk and was a manager before he retired in 1993.
Gilbert is survived by his wife, Mildred; brother, Wayne; stepchildren, Gayle Radshaw, Teri, Steve and Paul Rumovicz, Carla Rhodes (John). He was predeceased by his parents; wife, MaryBeth; and sisters, Mary and Marlene.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 28, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, Jan. 29, at 10:30 a.m. in St. Aloysius Church, 21 Cherry St., New Canaan, burial will follow in Lakeview Cemetery, 352 Main St., New Canaan.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 3 Jake Ryan Noble, 21, Of Norwalk
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl