NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Richard A. Gilbert, formerly of New Canaan, died Jan. 23. He was 72.
Gilbert served in the U.S. Air Force as a mechanic for four years from 1959 to 1963. He was hired as a pole climber for Southern New England Telephone Co. in Norwalk and was a manager before he retired in 1993.
Gilbert is survived by his wife, Mildred; brother, Wayne; stepchildren, Gayle Radshaw, Teri, Steve and Paul Rumovicz, Carla Rhodes (John). He was predeceased by his parents; wife, MaryBeth; and sisters, Mary and Marlene.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 28, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, Jan. 29, at 10:30 a.m. in St. Aloysius Church, 21 Cherry St., New Canaan, burial will follow in Lakeview Cemetery, 352 Main St., New Canaan.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk