NORWALK, Conn. - The Rev. Margaret A. Brown of Norwalk died Jan. 3. She was 80.
Brown was born in Denver. She graduated from Scripps College and received her master's degrees from Yale Divinity School and the New School of Social Research. She did social work and taught at Stephens College in Missouri and the University of Bridgeport. In 1969, she joined the faculty of Norwalk Community Technical College and taught philosophy and religion for 25 years, receiving the merit award in 1985.
She was an ordained minister of the United Church of Christ and performed numerous marriages and christenings. She also ministered at the Center for Healing Arts of Stamford's First Congregational Church and did clinical pastoral counseling at nursing homes and the Gaylord Rehabilitation Hospital in Wallingford.
Brown is survived by a niece and two grand-nephews in California.
A Celebration of Life gathering will be held at 1:30 p.m. April 26 at The Unitarian Church, 10 Lyons Plains Road in Westport.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest