NORWALK/REDDING, Conn. - Regina Zutowt Malyszka of Norwalk/Redding died April 17. She was 99.
Malyszka was born May 9, 1914, in Bridgeport, she was the daughter of Sophie and Bronislaw Zutowt. She and her husband were the original owners of the Broad River Bakery in Norwalk, from 1945 until 1975 when they sold the business and retired to Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. She returned to Connecticut after her husband’s death and shared her time between her daughters' homes in Norwalk and Redding. She was a member of Sacred Heart Church in the Georgetown area of Redding.
Malyszka is survived by her daughters, Barbara Gerhardt (David) of Norwalk and Sharon Ericson (Kenton) of Redding; three granddaughters; two great-grandchildren; sister, Genevieve (Sunnie) Whone of Norwalk; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, William J. Malyszka; sister, Nancy Hankovich; and stepsister, Anne Marie Williams.
A Memorial Mass will be celebrated at 4:00 p.m. Friday, May 9 at the Sacred Heart Church, 30 Church St., Georgetown. The mass will be celebrated by The Reverend David C. Leopold. Interment will be held privately at a later date.
Donations in Malyszka's name may be made to: Sacred Heart Church, 30 Church St., Georgetown, CT 06829; or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memorial Honor Program, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105; or Guiding Eyes for the Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
- 1 Dr. Eugene M. Lipira, 65, Member, Soundview Medical Associates In Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Mom's Future Burns Bright With Candle-Making Business
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Norwalk Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School