NORWALK, Conn. - Patricia Marie “Pat” Murphy of Norwalk died Tuesday, April 8. She was 55.
Murphy was born July 30, 1958, in Queens, N.Y. She was the daughter of Ann Rea Harrington of Patchogue, N.Y., and James Harrington. She received her nursing degree from St. Vincent’s Nursing School and worked for several years as a nurse at the Tully Center in Stamford. She and her husband were involved with the Brien McMahon High School football and lacrosse teams. She was a member of the Brien McMahon community and St. Matthew Church.
Murphy is survived by her husband, James F. Murphy; mother, Ann; sons James “Jimmy” Murphy Jr. and Terence Murphy of Norwalk; siblings Maureen Oliver, James Harrington and Eileen Harrington; and many nieces, nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by her father, James.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 11, at St. Matthew Church, 216 Scribner Ave., Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery in Norwalk.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades