NORWALK, Conn. - Nikolaos G. Papadopoulos of Norwalk died Friday, April 26. He was 87.
Papadopoulos was born in Greece, son of George and Sophia Triantafilidis Papadopoulos. He came to the United States in 1971. He retired from Pepperidge Farm.
Papadopoulos is survived by his wife, Xanthoula Mavropoulos; his daughters, Sophia Ananiadis (George), of Norwalk, Julia Koukidis (John), of Norwalk; son, George Papadopoulos (Teresa), of Westport; brothers, Ioannis Papadopoulos and Anastasios Papadopoulos both of Athens, Greece; eight grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews in the United States and Greece. He was predeceased by his parents; two brothers; and two sisters.
Services will be held Monday, April 29 at 10 a.m. in St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 238 West Rocks Road, Norwalk. Burial will follow in St. John Cemetery, 223 Richards Ave., Norwalk.
Contributions in Papadopoulos’s memory may be made to St. George Cultural Center, 238 West Rocks Road, Norwalk, CT 06851.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Norwalk Man, 51, Gets 32-Month Prison Term For Trafficking Cocaine